What to do with
TIMBER AND WOOD
Where can I recycle? »
Alternatively you could advertise it on Gumtree as many people can reuse it or even use untreated wood as firewood for the wood burning fires.
Can it be reused?
- Yes, keep off cuts as they can come in handy at a later date.
Can I do anything else with it?
- Use long pieces of scrap wood for garden stakes or create your own trellis;
- Use smaller off cuts to make sanding blocks;
- Try making door wedges with your off cuts, then paint or varnish them;
- If you are creative why not try making a bird house or feeder with your scrap wood?
- If your wood is treated with paint or varnish ask the recycling centre operative for advice on where to put it;
- Tree branches can be added to the green garden waste skip at your local recycling centre.