What to do with
Cloth nappies (also known as real nappies) are durable and long lasting - after all, they are designed to be washed and worn again and again. But when your child no longer needs them, instead of throwing them away, consider passing them so they can benefit other families...
Where can I recycle? »
Passing them on...
- Ask family, friends, work colleagues or neighbours if they know of anyone who would like them;
- Take them to your local baby and parenting group or NCT (National Childbirth Trust) group;
- Advertise them in the local press;
- Go online - try sites like Freecycle and Freegle;
- Some charities accept cloth nappies too - search online for 'donating cloth nappies'
The Real Nappy Information Service also provides lots of useful information.
What else can I do with them?
- Cut them into smaller pieces and use as cleaning clothes.
- Cloth nappies can be recycled with textiles at your local recycling centre.
Look on the Real Nappy Campaign Wales website for local stockists through Wales.