Recycling at the Cardiff Half Marathon
Recycling at the Cardiff Half Marathon has never been easier. Organisers, Run 4 Wales, have improved their recycling facilities and have recruited a team of ‘environmental champions’ to help people recycle better at the event. Water supplier, Brecon Carreg have also listened to the feedback of runners and made the water bottles much smaller for this year’s event.
What you can do as a runner
- Place empty bottles into the clearly labelled recycling bins around the course and finish areas. Look out for the bottle drop zones at every mile along the course;
- Recycle your banana skins in the correct bin in the finish area, it will be clearly labelled;
- Shout about your recycling effort on social media using #RunRecycle;
- Encourage other runners to ‘run, refuel, recycle’. Working together towards a healthier, greener Wales.
What you can do as a spectator
- Recycle your rubbish either in provided event bins around the course or in the Event Village or at home;
- If you are standing close to a recycling bin, encourage runners to recycle. There will be bottle drop zones clearly marked at every mile of the course;
- Visit the Brecon Carreg tent in the Event Village to ‘Save the Mermaids’ from plastic pollution.
What you can do at home
Find out everything you need to know about what you can recycle at home and near you; what equipment you’ll need, how you can get started or do a little more here.