What to do with
Where can I recycle? »
- Tyres can be taken to household waste recycling centres– however, there may be a limit to how many you can take and you may also be charged. Contact your local council to find out more information;
- When you need new tyres on your car, the garage where you have them fitted will normally dispose of your old tyres for you;
- However, if you change your tyres at home, tyre companies may be able to dispose of your tyres for a small charge. Always check first;
- If you take your tyres to your household waste recycling centres you may be charged a small amount and be limited in the number you can bring.
Can it be reused?
- You could re use your old tyres in the garden for growing things like potatoes and fruit. Stack two or three tyres on top of each other, fill the hole with soil and plant your seedlings. If it looks a little ugly, get the children to paint the tyres.