What to do with
Where can I recycle? »
Used stamps can be recycled with paper if they are still attached to envelopes. Simply pop them in the recycling bin with other paper items.
You can donate stamps to charities...
Collecting for charities:
- Save all of your stamps, especially commemorative and foreign stamps;
- Cut around the stamps, leaving a 5mm border;
- Separate stamps if you can, into UK and foreign boxes;
- Most charities collect used stamps - search online using the term "recycling stamps" or terms like "charity stamp recycling" to find out where you can take or send your stamps to;
- Charities sell the stamps to dealers (per kilo) and use the money to fund their projects.
Alternatively, why not start your own collection?