Recycling at the Cardiff Half Marathon
Recycling at the Cardiff Half Marathon has never been easier. Organisers, Run 4 Wales, have improved their recycling facilities and have recruited a team of ‘environmental champions’ to help people recycle better at the event. Water supplier, Brecon Carreg have also listened to the feedback of runners and made the water bottles much smaller for this year’s event.
What you can do as a runner
- Place empty bottles and banana skins into the clearly labelled recycling bins around the course and finish areas
- Shout about your recycling effort #RunRecycle
- Encourage other runners to ‘run, refuel, recycle’. Working together towards a healthier, greener Wales
What you can do as a spectator
- Recycle your rubbish either in provided event bins or at home.
- If you are standing close to recycling bin, encourage runners to recycle.
- Find out more at our ‘Run, Refuel, Recycle’ interactive hub at Cardiff Bay or the Event Expo.
What you can do at home
Find out everything you need to know about what you can recycle at home and near you; what equipment you’ll need, how you can get started or do a little more here.